Dragon Boy Dragon Boy

Quite fun

You gotta love the Diablo 2 sounds

Inculcation Inculcation

Suprisingly scary

I didn't expect much since the graphics weren't that great, but it was really scary and the pacing was really good. Pretty good puzzles too. I have been hardened by the internet to be resistant to screamers, but that picking part got me really good >__>

Lastman Lastman

Not fun in it's frustration

I've played many HARD games that frustrate you to hell (IWBTG, Meat Boy to an extent, etc.). Those games are FUN, while being ridiculously hard and frustrating. Here's the key to it: GOOD CONTROLS. Those games have excellent and responsive controls, so it's difficult because of the level design, not because the controls suck. Yeah I know you have to run a bit to do a super jump, but that lends to not fun gameplay. I felt like I could figure out all the tricks of the game, but still be held back by the controls. Other hard games don't do that. Good attempt, though

AN Escape Series #4 AN Escape Series #4

Excellent

I preferred the video (heh), but this was really fun. I like how it stumped me for over 15 minutes the first time, but then I could speed run it in 1 minute (it took me 5 tries to get that guh....I'm gonna try to get less now)

Sky Sling Sky Sling

Not much improvement

Not very different from Sling Sling
You added some power-ups, but they really don't change the gameplay significantly
The graphics and other mechanics are all the same....
Sling Sling was good but this as a sequel to that is severely lacking

Tankmen: Incursion Tankmen: Incursion

Good start

Graphics are INSANELY good....I was amazed

WHAT YOU ABSOLUTELY 1000000% NEED:
Mouse aiming....this would solve 80% of the problems in this game

Also make better boundaries so you don't always fall off into emptiness

Dreamgate Escape Dreamgate Escape

Oh man the wall

I just started this game and I got to the wall where you read and.... yeah I laughed my ass off...that was amazing! Looks good and very creative so far.

Gravibounce Gravibounce

I'm glad you're continuing

I think the mechanics of the game it self are good and quite fun, but I just don't like how the lives system works.

I think it's really cool how sometimes you need to do a 'sacrificial' jump kinda thing, but on those levels you get the red orbs needed for those jumps. On other levels, there are barely any red orbs, and they are usually very tricky to get, so you (I) end up losing 1 or 2 lives trying to get a cluster of 3 red orbs. It's pretty frustrating and ruins the motivation to get the red orbs.

Maybe instead of putting red orbs in tricky places you could put bonus points powerups or something like that

Matt-Porter responds:

I'm actually rather fond of the life system myself, however I agree the overall difficulty may be a bit steep, making red jewels a bit more common wouldn't be a bad idea. Also the idea of having another item all together for extra points has been thought of and will be in the sequel. As you've probably already read, we'll have a level editor and user made levels as well with some system to track and rate those levels and display them. Anyway, thanks for the in depth review and I'm glad you enjoyed the first game.

Open Doors Open Doors

Wow I remember this from a long time ago

I wonder why it's taken so long to get on the front page

Anyways, good puzzle concept...doesn't really ever get stale

Evolution Squared Evolution Squared

If...

you can actually read this, then that is cuite freaky lol